Monday, April 25, 2011

Another Spring Collage

Yesterday's spring collage was actually a birthday gift for my sister, Cindy's, ahem..."big" birthday this past February.  :-)

I loved working on the project so much and had such a hard time parting with the end result that I just had to make one for myself!  Many of the items that I used on the original collage were one of a kind to my stash, and since creating the first, I had added items to my collection, so this one is a bit different from the first.  I kept the robin's egg blue background though since that color just says ''Spring!" to me.
  • The bird border is from K&Co...so beautiful!
  • I stamped the birdcage with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and then covered the entire image (and a little beyond the edges) in Glossy Accents.  Once it was dry, I cut the image out, applied Old Paper Distress Ink to the edges, and added some Old Paper Distress Stickles to the face.

  • Since I wanted my butterfly to pop off the canvas and look like he's just resting for a moment, I used Grunge Paper as the base, colored it with various colors of Distress Ink, covered the whole thing in Old Paper Distress Stickles (shocking, I know!),  and added a little pink and gold glitter to the edges of the wings while the stickles were still wet for a little extra glitz.  The Grunge Paper is so durable that I was able to bend the wings up for a 3-D effect.
Linking back to "Brag Monday" at the Graphics Fairy.

I'm off work this week for a spring cleaning "vacation", and I will surely be hitting the studio hard in the evenings for the real fun.  So, be sure to check back every day this week...I'll be adding lots of new ideas and some free digis. 

But for now...I'm back to washing walls.  :-(

I told you Spring finally came to Michigan!
(Well at least by me anyway...the Creative Pointe is still a few weeks from seeing Spring...haha!)

2 comments:

Your comments make my day!