Happy Memorial Day!
Our two-week theme at Creative Cutting Challenge is "Fourth of July", but this patriotic project is perfect for today as well. Come join the fun!
- I'll admit it, my goal for this project was "keep it simple"! I don't have a lot of spare time these days as the wedding is only a month away, so I used the pinwheel star from The Creative Pointe's "Patriotic Set" to create this festive banner. It's super quick to make because it's all multiples of the same cut.
- The stars are about 4-1/4 inches high. I love the bold graphic design and dimension achieved with the simple red/white and blue/white stars.
- I used my smallest punch to add holes to two of the points, then used a needle to string the stars onto white cotton crochet thread.
- For a festive touch...and to keep the stars in place...I tied short lengths of red and white gingham ribbon between each star.
- And to finish things off, I added small red buttons to the center of each blue star.
|Cardstock:||Stampin’ Up! ‘Night of Navy’; Papertrey Ink ‘Pure Poppy’, ‘White’|
|SVG:||The Creative Pointe’s ‘Patriotic Set’|
|Embellishments:||Gingham ribbon; buttons; crochet thread ‘White’|
|Tools:||SCAL; Cricut Expression; hole punch|