Monday, May 27, 2013

CCC #17: Star Spangled Banner

Happy Memorial Day!

Our two-week theme at Creative Cutting Challenge is "Fourth of July", but this patriotic project is perfect for today as well.  Come join the fun!

Some Details
  • I'll admit it, my goal for this project was "keep it simple"!  I don't have a lot of spare time these days as the wedding is only a month away, so I used the pinwheel star from The Creative Pointe's "Patriotic Set" to create this festive banner.  It's super quick to make because it's all multiples of the same cut.  
  • The stars are about 4-1/4 inches high.  I love the bold graphic design and dimension achieved with the simple red/white and blue/white stars.
  • I used my smallest punch to add holes to two of the points, then used a needle to string the stars onto white cotton crochet thread. 
  • For a festive touch...and to keep the stars in place...I tied short lengths of red and white gingham ribbon between each star.
  • And to finish things off, I added small red buttons to the center of each blue star.  

Supplies:
Cardstock: Stampin’ Up! ‘Night of Navy’; Papertrey Ink ‘Pure Poppy’, ‘White’
SVG:  The Creative Pointe’s ‘Patriotic Set
Embellishments: Gingham ribbon; buttons; crochet thread ‘White’
Tools:  SCAL; Cricut Expression; hole punch

1 comment:

  1. Very cool project...especially as it is so simple yet so fun and festive!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!