Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Spooky Slides Card

Sharing another card using Tim Holtz's awesome "Mini Halloween" stamp set.  This is number two of a four card series that I started while on my "craftcation" in August.  Remember the Skeleton Card from a few weeks back?  That was the first.  All four cards feature the same stamp set and pattern papers. 

The Details:
  • I started with a raw chipboard slide frame that I colored using Rusty Hinge Distress Stain.  I wanted a distressed look, so I was not concerned with making sure that the color was even.  I then brushed on a layer of "Rock Candy" Distress Crackle Paint.
  • The "Mini Halloween" stamp set images were stamped on white vellum.  I stamped them with StazOn Jet Black ink so that I wouldn't have to wait long for the ink to dry or worry about smearing. 

  • I wanted a very linear design to accentuate the slide frame, so in addition to the scalloped pattern paper, I also added a row of "Walnut Stain" Distress Stickle dots and a skeleton paper/ribbon combo strip.  The ribbon is woven through holes punched using my 7 Gypsies border punch kit.
  • The button was not quite the right color, so I modified it with Gold and Copper Alcohol Ink Mixatives.

I really had a lot of fun creating this series.  With each card, I got a new idea for the next card!  Stay tuned for the next two!


Challenges:

Supplies:
Paper
: My Mind’s Eye ‘The Spider’s Web’; Stampin’ Up! cardstock ‘Basic Black’, ‘Naturals Ivory’; Bo Bunny Press ‘Dem Bones’, SU! vellum
Stamps: Stamper’s Anonymous Tim Holtz ‘Mini Halloween’; SU! ‘All Year Cheer’
Inks: Distress Ink ‘Old Paper’; StazOn ‘Jet Black’; Distress Stain ‘Rusty Hinge’; Alcohol Ink ‘Gold’, ‘Copper’, ‘Blending Solution’; Distress Crackle Paint ‘Rock Candy’
Embellishments: Distress Stickles ‘Walnut Stain’; ribbon; button; Papertrey Ink rustic button twine; chipboard slide frame
Tools: TH paper distresser; glue dots; foam ink blending tool; felt ink blending tool; scallop scissors; 7 Gypsies border punch kit

7 comments:

  1. GREAT card! I've got that set - guess I should use it, huh? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I really like what you did with the rock candy distress crackle paint! I haven't seen that stamp set yet, I'll have see if Michael's has it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card!! Love that you altered the buttons to match. Thanks for sharing this with us at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love them - thanks for the inspiration!
    you now have my wheels turning.
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. Thanks for playing in this weeks anything goes with going grey with scrap-creations!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!