Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

He is Risen!
And the angel answered and said unto the women, 
Fear not: for I know that you seek Jesus, who was crucified.  
He is not here: for he is risen, as he said.
Matthew 28:5-6

Easter Blessings, dear followers!  Today, I'm sharing the last of my Easter cards; another made with the Karen Foster Designs "Vintage Easter" stickers.  Four cards made and still a few stickers left for next year or a scrapbook layout...quite an economical purchase!  And bonus points to me for using them the same year I bought them.  No withering away in the ever-increasing stash!



Just a Few Details:
  • I scalloped just the bottom of my patterned papers, layering them with about 1/4" reveal of the bottom paper.  I wanted my scallops to align, so I made sure to start the cut at the same point on both papers.  Three baby pearl accents adorn the ribbon under the adorable bunny sticker.
  • Have you tried dying your own seam binding?  I admit, I'm addicted to it.  I have TONS of ribbon and I always go to the ready-made stash first (because I have TONS of ribbon...), but if I can't find the right color, I can always dye my ivory seam binding to match.  I love making it distressed looking with more dye in some places than others.  This scrumptious bow is accented with a pearl corsage pin.

Hope you're enjoying this special day with loved ones!


Supplies:
Cardstock:
Papertrey Ink ‘Kraft’
Patterned Paper: 
My Mind’s Eye Lost & Found ‘Market Street’
Stamps:
Stampin’ Up! ‘The Gifts of Spring’
Inks:
StazOn ‘Timber Brown’; Stampin’ Up! classic ‘Rose Romance’, ‘Cameo Coral’; Distress Ink ‘Old Paper’; Perfect Pearls Mist ‘Perfect Pearl’, ‘Heirloom Gold’
Embellishments:
Karne Foster Design cardstock stickers ‘Vintage Easter’; Hug Snug seam binding; pearl corsage pin; pearl accents
Tools: 
Scallop scissors; heat gun; Stamp-a-ma-jig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!