Wednesday, January 9, 2013

With Love

This week's challenge theme at Card a Day Blog is Valentine's Day.  As today's featured designer, I decided to share the Valentine version of an iris folding pattern I learned from my mom.  It's amazingly versatile!  Just change the colors and patterns and the whole look changes for the season.  Iris folding in general is also a great way to use up smaller scraps.  I was able to incorporate three different patterns of Valentine scraps and a solid on this card.

Just a Few Details:
  • The pattern my mom taught me is from a book that she purchased, so I cannot share it here, however, there are TONS of free patterns out in internet-land.  
  • I found a small heart stamp in my stash that fit perfectly in the iris.  I added some Xmas Red Stickles for that extra-special sparkly Valentine touch.
  • A simple red and white baker's twine bow and stamped sentiment really pull things together.  I love the clean and simple look of this card.


Supplies:
Cardstock: Stampin’ Up! ‘Ultrasmooth White’, ‘Real Red’
Patterned Paper:  Scraps
Stamps: Hero Arts
Inks: SU! craft ink ‘Real Red’
Embellishments: Stickles ‘Xmas Red’; Papertrey Ink baker’s twine

3 comments:

Your comments make my day!