Thursday, February 14, 2013

XOXO

Happy Valentine's Day!

Here's my final Valentine card for this season.  This was one big experiment, but I think it turned out pretty cute...a love-themed patchwork.  


Some Details:
  • So far, so good, on keeping that resolution to use older stamps!  I stamped this sketchy heart directly onto the patterned paper, embossed it with Ranger's sticky embossing powder, and added red glitter.  I used the fine point end of my Distress Markers to add some pink to the heart.  I wish glitter photographed better.  It's so much prettier in person.
  • Next, I cut the "you are my favorite" square from one of the pages in Fancy Pants "Love Story" 6x6 paper pad and adhered it in the lower right corner.  It's accented with a large clear rhinestone heart.
  • The coral-pink donut chain adds to the patchwork feel.  I used my Distress Markers again to scribble in the centers.  That just wasn't enough, so I also added dots of Petal Pink Liquid Pearls.
  • Finally, a little more stamping adds the finishing touches.  My favorite is the XOXO in the lower left corner.  The touches of black really help keep the sweetness down.

Challenges:

Supplies:
Cardstock: Stampin’ Up! ‘Sahara Sand’, ‘Cameo Coral’
Patterned Paper:  Fancy Pants ‘Love Story’ 6x6
Stamps: SU! ‘Listen with the Heart’; Glitz Design ‘Vintage Blue’; Scrappy Cat ‘Super Star’
Inks: Top Boss embossing pad; Archival ‘Jet Black’; Distress Markers ‘Spun Sugar’, ‘Worn Lipstick’; ‘Barn Door’
Embellishments: Liquid Pearls ‘Petal Pink’; heart rhinestone; glitter
Tools:  Ranger sticky embossing powder; EK Success punch ‘Donut Chain’; heat tool

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at the FTTC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. STunning love cards!
    Thanks for sharing at 365cards!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin' that huge heart Vicki! Great papers and elements too! Thanks for playing along with us at Flourishes this week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!