Sunday, January 8, 2012

Hello, Love

I'm baaack!  It wasn't my intention to stay away so long, but I came down with a cold around New Year's and I had no inclination to do much but sleep once I got home from work each day last week.  Anyway, I'm on the mend now and it's on to a fresh new year!

It's my turn as guest designer over at Card A Day Blog for this week's Valentine theme.  I just recently got the retro-fun 'So Sweet' stamp set from My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose collection.  The vintage telephone was my inspiration, and it ties in beautifully with the background created from a recycled directory page!

The Details:

  • To create the background, I sized a section of a telephone directory page to be just a bit smaller than my cardstock base, then roughly tore the right edge.  I crinkled the directory page a bit, then used spray adhesive to affix it to my base, purposely adding in some wrinkles.  
  • I applied light brushstrokes of Picket Fence Distress Stain over the entire directory page and the exposed cardstock base, adding heavier applications at the corners and wrinkled areas.

  • I stamped the Glitz Design 'Vintage Blue' word art heart onto MME Lost & Found 'Union Square' patterned paper using Stampin' Up! Bravo Burgundy craft ink, cut out the design leaving about 1/8" border, and then inked the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink.

  • The telephone is stamped on the same paper as the card base using StazOn Jet Black.  I fussy cut the image, adhered it to the card with foam tape and then added a layer of Glossy Accents.

  • "HELLO" is stamped on SU! Confetti White cardstock using StazOn Jet Black.  "Love" is stamped in SU! Ruby Red craft ink.  I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to ensure that my stamps were perfectly positioned (especially since "Love" is stamped directly onto my finished card base!).
It seems so odd to be working on Valentines already, but can you believe it's just over a month away?! 


Challenges:


Supplies:
Cardstock: Stampin’ Up! ‘Sahara Sand’, ‘Confetti White’
Pattern Paper: My Mind’s Eye Lost & Found ‘Union Square’; recycled telephone directory page
Stamps: Glitz Design ‘Vintage Blue’; K&Co. Amy Butler ‘Lotus Greeting’; MME Stella & Rose Mabel ‘So Sweet’; SU! ‘Wonderful Words’
Inks: SU! craft ‘Ruby Red’, ‘Bravo Burgundy’; Distress Stain ‘Picket Fence’, ‘Pumice Stone’; Distress Ink ‘Black Soot’; StazOn ‘Jet Black’
Embellishments: Glossy Accents

Tools: Stamp-a-ma-jig; foam ink blending tool; spray adhesive; foam tape; deckle scissors; ruler

5 comments:

  1. Really cute, Vicki! Love the telephone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a novel idea to use an old telephone directory. Great layout too. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally cool! Love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Just love the design. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!