For my design team project, I made this Thankful hanging. It's approximately 5x7 and I'm thinking that it will end up as a thank you gift. How punny would that be? J
- I really love the acorn and oak leaves from The Creative Pointe's "Thanksgiving Set Two" SVG collection and decided to create a colorful fall bouquet with them. Do you see them there accenting the Happy Thanksgiving header? Isolating just certain elements in an SVG really allows you to maximize these files. You can cut just the part(s) you want and you don't have to cut them as is...you can scale them up or down, elongate them...whatever you want.
- To create my bouquet, I cut the leaves from various leafy shades of scrap papers and the acorns from brown scraps.
- To enrich the colors, each piece had Distress Stains and/or Ink added.
- I then covered the faces in VersaMark and embossed them with UTEE, adding layers as needed for even coverage.
- Once each piece was covered in UTEE and slightly cooled, I used a craft knife to add veins to the leaves and cross-hatched the caps on the acorns.
- I then added Ginger Alcohol Ink and blending solution to a used felt pad (used meaning it had lots of other neutral colors already on it) and applied it to each surface. The AI filled in the veins and cross-hatching and dulled the finish of the UTEE.
- The leaves and acorns were layered on top of one another and "tied" with a jute twine bow. For a little extra touch and dimension, I added Frayed Burlap Distress Stickles to the acorn caps.
- I've had this Thankful sticker for a loooong time. So glad that I finally used it! It's layered on top of some vintage lace and accented with buttons and Frayed Burlap Distress Stickles.
Anything But a Card: Challenge 4 - Fall or Halloween or Fall Colors
Order of the Opus Gluei: Challenge #142 -. I "leaf" it up to you!
Pile It On - #43 - Holiday, any Holiday!
The Hybrid Chick: Card Caravan #29 - Fall / Autumn
Allsorts Challenge: Week #177 - Autumn Colours
|Patterned Paper:||DCWV, scraps|
|SVG:||The Creative Pointe ‘Thanksgiving Set Two”|
|Image:||Chelsea Craze ‘Button Card’|
|Inks:||Distress Stain ‘Brushed Corduroy’, ‘Rusty Hinge’, ‘Crushed Olive’; Alcohol Ink ‘Ginger’, ‘Blending Solution’; VersaMark; Distress Ink ‘Old Paper’, ‘Walnut Stain’|
|Embellishments:||Vintage lace trim; vintage buttons, Papertrey Ink rustic button twine; jute twine; cardstock sticker; cotton twill fabric; Distress Stickles 'Frayed Burlap'|
|Tools:||Tim Holtz paper distresser; foam and felt ink blending tools; wire; spray adhesive; SCAL; Cricut Expression; Glue Dots; 3M foam tape; tweezers; craft knife; mister; UTEE; heat tool|