Our two-week "Easter - Not a Card" theme at Creative Cutting Challenge will help ease you into starting those Easter projects. Click here to check out the creative inspiration from our Design Team and join the challenge. Even if you don't use SVG files yet, it's definitely worth the visit for some great ideas!
For my design team project, I created an egg-shaped welcome sign for my front door. It measures 10-inches high and is 3-layers of recycled cereal boxes thick for sturdiness.
- The Easter egg was cut using The Creative Pointe's "Easter Egg Set" SVG file. It was a cinch to scale my egg up to 10-inches tall. Since I don't own a deep-cut Cricut blade, I maximized the pressure, increased the blade length, and set Sure-Cuts-A-Lot (SCAL) on 3x multi-cut to get through the cereal boxes. I cut three cardboard bases and glued them together.
- The next cut was a plaid patterned paper base.
- The final egg cut was the outline portion from the floral patterned paper. I wanted a three-color egg, so I used the center section as a pattern to hand cut the pink patterned paper.
- Font "Minya Nouvelle" was used to cut the letters.
- The adorable bunny silhouette is from The Creative Pointe's "Easter Bunny Set" SVG file. I love how his little tail is a separate piece for dimension. It would be cute to replace it with a little pom pom!
- The bottom of my egg needed just a little something, so in keeping with the white silhouette theme, I punched out three flowers and added green pearl centers.
- The last thing required was a way to hang it. I punched a hole in the top and added a fluffy seam binding bow and hanging loop.
The Cheerful Stamp Pad: Challenge #54 - Anything But a Card
Forever Friends: February Challenge - Animals and/or Butterflies and/or Birds
Make It Monday: MIM #128
Craft My Life: My All Crafts Challenge #4
Hotshot Craft: Challenge #15 - Anything But a Card
Joyful Stamper: Inspire Me Fridays #96 - Anything Goes
|Cardstock:||Stampin’ Up! ‘Confetti White’|
|Patterned Paper:||The Paper Studio, scraps|
|SVG:||The Creative Pointe ‘Easter Egg Set’, ‘Easter Bunny Set’|
|Embellishments:||Pearls; Hug Snug seam binding ‘Ivory’|
|Tools:||SCAL; Cricut Expression; SU! punch ‘Daisy’, eyelet setter; emery board; 3M spray adhesive; Xyron Create-a-Sticker|
|Misc:||Cardboard (recycled cereal boxes)|