Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Card for Dad...on Mom's Day

Happy Mother's Day 
to all the moms out there!

At Card A Day Blog, we work about a month ahead with our themes, so ironically, this week's Father's Day theme starts today!  I'm kicking things off with a fun and easy washi tape card for dad.

A Couple Details:

  • This card can be made in a flash!  I just ran rows of alternating washi tapes the length of my card.  I left about 1/8 inch between each strip and tore the ends.  I love the transparency of the tape...seeing a bit of the base color come through really pulls it all together.
  • Next, I stamped the fun greeting in black on soft stone stock.  I tattered the edges and added just a touch of color with Distress Markers.  I attached the square to the base with foam tape to give it dimension from the washi background.


Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink ‘Spring Moss’, ‘Soft Stone’
Stamps: Inkadinkadoo ‘Happy Father’s Day’
Inks: Archival ‘Jet Black’; Distress Markers
Embellishments: Washi tape; Tim Holtz tissue tape ‘Symphony’
Tools:  TH paper distresser; Stamp-a-ma-jig; bone folder; 3M foam tape

2 comments:

Your comments make my day!