Sunday, June 24, 2012

Howdy, Birthday Boy

Card A Day Blog's theme this week is "Teens" which just happened to work perfectly with the family birthday calendar...one of my nephews turns 18 in a few days.  (Ugh, these kids are making me feel old!)  I found this printed cowboy image in my stash and thought it would make a casual "boy card" that's not too young, not too old.

The Details:
  • As usual, I used Kraft cardstock as the base...it just always seems to be the perfect choice for masculine cards.
  • Journeyman tissue tape borders the left edge with some twine wrapped around a couple of times and a "lasso" tied neared the top. 
  • Metal accent not exactly the right color?  Never fear, alcohol inks are here!  These brads started out BRIGHT copper.  Not good for my rustic cowboy.  I dipped them in Latte and Gold Mixative AI and now they're perfectly patina-ed.
  • As a final touch, I colored a portion of a Kraft paper star border with Vintage Photo Distress Stickles.  The old penny copper color is perfect and the stars remind me of spurs.
Supplies:
InLinkz.com

Cardstock: Papertrey Ink ‘Kraft’
Patterned Paper:  My Mind’s Eye Lost & Found ‘Portobello Road’ 6x6
Image: Unknown
Inks: Alcohol Ink ‘Latte’, ‘Gold Mixative’
Embellishments: Tim Holtz tissue tape ‘Journeyman’; Stampin’ Up! brads; PTI rustic button twine; Distress Stickles ‘Vintage Photo’;
Tools:  TH paper distresser

6 comments:

  1. Vicki you did a fantastic job on this card! Oh it's perfect for your nephew and the stars are so cool! I really like the image and the tape too, but the stars are the coolest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab card, love the use of tissue tape!! thanks for joining in at My Mums Craft Shop challenge this week! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This a FANTASTIC creation! I love the colors & all of those details - Splendid work. Thanks for sharing it :)

    I would be oh, so happy to have you join us at Tuesday Alchemy http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com

    Lots of joy!
    Corrinne

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous,beautiful image .Thanks for sharing with us at Forever Friends.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice card--such a great image, and all your details are fabulous!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!