Monday, June 25, 2012

Relay for Life Luminaries 2012

For several years now, my sister, a melanoma survivor, participates in Relay for Life to raise money for the American Cancer Society. Each year I purchase and decorate luminaries in memoriam of two very special women whom our family lost to this terrible disease:  my grandmother, Clara, and my aunt and godmother, Lucy. We lost them within a few months of each other, many years ago. This year I decorated a third luminary to honor my sister's victory.



This year, I decided that I wanted to decorate the luminaries using thinner paper so that when lit, you would still be able to read the names. I used some beautiful frames from The Graphics Fairy, printing my final designs onto standard white office paper. I trimmed to the size of the design and rounded the corners with a punch to be sure they wouldn't lift or dog-ear and then used spray adhesive for a nice, even application.




Do you participate in Relay luminaries?  It's such a beautiful way to honor those who have battled cancer...those who have lost, those who have won, and those who still battle...

Linking up to The Graphics Fairy Brag Monday #142.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful and inspiring! healing wishes to all who endure cancer. xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!