Monday, November 26, 2012

Christmas Iris Fold

Today's card is the Christmas version of the iris folding pattern I've been using lately.  My mom shared this pattern with me this past summer and it's amazingly versatile.  Just change the colors and patterns and the whole look changes for the season.

Just a Few Details:
  • The pattern my mom taught me is from a book that she purchased, so I cannot post that here, however, there are TONS of free patterns out in internet-land.  
  • This a marvelous way to use up your smaller scraps if you're a paper hoarder like the Squirrel here.  I was able to incorporate four different patterns of Christmas-themed scraps.
  • The "joy" stamp just fits in the center of the iris.
  • To finish things off, I used an edger punch along the bottom for a little lacy detail, added some red organza ribbon and a fabric-covered button.

Challenges:
Stamping Sensations: November Challenge - Traditional Christmas
Hiding in My Craft Room: HIMCR #73 - Christmas
Crimbo Crackers: Challenge 29 - Anything Goes

Supplies:
Cardstock: Stampin’ Up! ‘Old Olive’, ‘Ultrasmooth Vanilla’
Patterned Paper:  Scraps
Stamps: SU! ‘French Script’, unknown
Inks: SU! craft ‘Real Red’, ‘Bravo Burgundy’; Versamark
Embellishments: Organza ribbon; Oriental Trading Company brad
Tools:  EK Success punch ‘Graceful Heart’

3 comments:

  1. A very clever card, your iris folding looks great.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant take on our challenge, love your card. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lacy edge. Will have to scrap lift this idea!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!