Monday, March 4, 2013

CCC #11: Bunny Hop

Here we are in March already and Easter is sneaking up on us quickly!

Join us for our two-week "Easter Card" theme at Creative Cutting Challenge and get a head start on your Easter greetings.  Click here to check out the creative inspiration from our Design Team and join the challenge.  Even if you don't use SVG files yet, it's definitely worth the visit for some great ideas!

I created this pastel patchwork card with a fun leaping bunny silhouette as the focal point.

Some Details:
  • I knew going into this card that I wanted to use this adorable leaping bunny silhouette from The Creative Pointe's "Easter Bunny" SVG set.  
  • I cut him from white card stock, then sweetened him up with some Spun Sugar Distress Stain.  He needed some detail, so I used my white Glaze gel pen to add some stitch line details.  He's leaping across the patchwork background on some foam tape for dimension.
  • The first layer of my "patchwork" was the rectangles of patterned paper.  Then I added some white stamped polka dots and white gel pen doodling in the empty rectangles.
  • It still needed some love, so I added the washi tape banners, the stamped "Happy Easter", and a few pastel brads.

Supplies:
Cardstock:
Papertrey Ink ‘Lemon Tart’; Stampin’ Up! ‘Confetti White’
Patterned Paper: 
Jillibean Soup ‘Southern Chicken Dumpling Soup’ 6x6
SVG: 
The Creative Pointe ‘Easter Bunny Set’
Stamps:
SU! ‘Itty Bitty Backgrounds’, ‘All Year Cheer’
Inks:
SU! craft ‘White’, ‘Regal Rose’; Glaze pen ‘White’; Distress Stain ‘Spun Sugar’
Embellishments:
Washi tape; SU! brads ‘Soft Subtles’
Tools: 
SCAL; Cricut Expression; 3M foam tape; hole punch; Glossy Accents; Stamp-a-ma-jig

1 comment:

Your comments make my day!