Monday, March 18, 2013

CCC #12: Mr [heart] Mrs

I am so excited that our two-week theme at Creative Cutting Challenge is "Anything Goes"!  I got to check another wedding decor "to do" off my list with this Mr [heart] Mrs banner!  

I have seen several versions on Pinterest (the ultimate wedding idea website) and think it will be the perfect addition to the head table.  And because I used SVG and font files, it was a super-quick project.

The Details:
  • Using extra-heavy cardstock (100 lb), I cut five banners using The Creative Pointe's "Banner" SVG file.  I scaled them so that they are just over 5 inches square.
  • Using "Grad" font, I scaled my letters appropriately to fit the banners and then cut them from black stock.
  • The final cut was the pretty pink heart.  This cut file came standard with Sure-Cuts-A-Lot (SCAL).
  • With all the cuts made, it's time to layer the banners in an easy two steps:  1) adhere doily, 2) adhere letter.  Both were attached with spray adhesive.
  • To brighten things, I swiped watered-down white acrylic paint along the edges of the banners and the heart.  I also stamped the heart with a French script background in white pigment ink.  It added the necessary bit of white since I did not layer a doily on this banner.
  • Now to assemble.  Some lovely pink cording is strung through the corner hole punches.  The texture of the cording keeps the banners from sliding.

Like I said, this was one seriously easy and quick wedding project!  Thank goodness, because I have plenty in process that are not quick, nor easy.  I can't wait to see what the other designers create for their "Anything Goes" project.  Click here to check out all the Creative Cutting Challenge Design Team projects and join the challenge. Even if you don't use SVG files yet, it's definitely worth the visit for some great ideas!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Paper Presentation ‘Fog’; Stampin’ Up! ‘Basic Black’, unknown discontinued pink
SVG:  The Creative Pointe ‘Banner’; font ‘Grad’
Stamps: SU! ‘French Script’
Inks: Americana acrylic paint ‘Titanium (Snow) White’; SU! craft ‘White’
Embellishments: Paper doilies; Hobby Lobby trim ‘Strawberry Sherbet’
Tools:  SCAL; Cricut Expression; 3M spray adhesive; make-up sponge; hole punch

2 comments:

Your comments make my day!