Monday, April 15, 2013

CCC #14: Flowers for Mom

We’re celebrating Moms today at Creative Cutting Challenge with our two-week “Mother’s Day Cards” theme.  That special day to say “thank you” to mom for everything she’s done for us is not too far away, so get out those electronic cutters and join the challenge!

For my own mom, I wanted a bright and cheerful card…with flowers…my mom LOVES flowers!

The Details:
  • The basic layout of this card is very simple, with the star being the potted posy cut from My Mind’s Eye patterned papers using The Creative Pointe’s “MOM Flowers” SVG. 
  • Since I was only using the one flower, I removed the letter from the flower center and added a matching button and some sunny white and yellow Twinery baker’s twine (thank you to Can You Dig It for the gift certificate prize…it definitely pays to enter challenges…hint! hint!)
  • I swiped the edges of my lemon tart card base with Snow Cap paint dabber.  I know you can barely see it in the photo, but it adds just a little something.  It's like cheerful distressing.  J
  • On top of the base, we have three additional strips of paper:   a thin border of pink polka dots, a wider strip of ledger paper, and solid cream cut with fancy scissors.
  • Doesn’t that ledger paper have just the most perfectly matching floral accent?  Love it!  And this was the perfect place to stamp “Happy Mother’s Day” in Coffee Archival Ink (with a little help from a brown Le Pen).

Fresh, fun, and flowery…perfect for mom!

I'm sure the other designers have outdone themselves on their "Mother's Day Cards" projects.  Click here to check out all the Creative Cutting Challenge Design Team projects and join the challenge.  Even if you don't use SVG files yet, it's definitely worth the visit for some great ideas!

Supplies:
Cardstock:
Papertrey Ink ‘Lemon Tart’; Stampin’ Up! ‘Ultrasmooth Vanilla’
Patterned Paper: 
My Mind’s Eye Miss Caroline ‘Howdy Doody’ 6x6
SVG: 
The Creative Pointe ‘MOM Flowers’
Stamps:
SU! ‘All Year Cheer’
Inks:
Adironack paint dabber ‘Snow Cap’; Archival ‘Coffee’; Le Pen ‘Brown’
Embellishments:
Close to My Heart button; The Twinery baker’s twine “Buttercream”
Tools: 
SCAL; Cricut Expression; decorative scissors; glue dots; Tim Holtz paper distresser; Stamp-a-ma-jig

1 comment:

  1. This is a great card!! Love the patterned paper you used on the flower.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!