Sunday, April 14, 2013

Plan B

Oh my, I can’t believe we’re just about halfway through April already!!  We’re getting a jump on those Mother’s Day cards at Card A Day Blog this week and will be bringing you lots of inspiration.

I’m kicking things off with this card that I made for my soon-to-be mother-in-law.  I’ve had these pieces and parts laying on my craft table for MONTHS…planned for a whole other project.  But I thought to myself:  obviously I’m not too captivated by said planned project, or I would have made it by now!  So I made this card instead.  As my fiancé recently told me “life is all about plan B”.  Now, granted, that was because he was throwing a wrench into some wedding stuff and he wanted me to adapt, but I digress!  J

The Details:
  • Once I decided to repurpose the elements, this card went together in a snap!
  • I distressed the edges of my kraft base with Snow Cap paint dabber, then layered on My Mind’s Eye patterned paper that had been unevenly torn along the bottom and distressed around the other edges
  • Before gluing my patterned paper in place, I looped some ivory seam binding around the back and tied it in a big fluffy bow.
  • The printed chipboard leaf sprig tucks in nicely behind the ribbon.  I gave the edges a few swipes of Snow Cap paint dabber, too.
  • The finally touch was spelling out “MOM” with alpha stickers.   I had strategically cut my patterned paper so that the lovely frame area would be in just the right spot on my card.

Mom-in-law card done!  Tomorrow I’ll share the card I made for my own mom.

Supplies:
Cardstock:
Papertrey Ink ‘Kraft’
Patterned Paper: 
My Mind’s Eye Lost & Found ‘Market Street’ 6x6
Inks:
Adirondack paint dabber ‘Snow Cap’
Embellishments:
Kaisercraft printed chipboard ‘Secret Bird Society’; Hug Snug seam binding ‘ivory’; Bo Bunny combo stickers ‘Welcome Home’
Tools: 
Tim Holtz paper distresser; tweezers

2 comments:

  1. Love this card! Great use of the Mind's Eye paper too, I have some of that paper it looks great for a vintage style card. I really like the diecut coming out the bow too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!