Sunday, August 14, 2011

Wish U Well Card

Sharing a get well card today that I made for a friend who will be having surgery next week.  She's not a "girly" person, but I did want to make her a bright and cheery card.  

The Details:
  • I had the layout idea before I found the bright pink "U" chipboard piece which I toned down a bit with some Mushroom alcohol ink.
  • The "Wish" and "Well" are from two different stamp sets and I did have to ink carefully to get just the "Well".
  • For some sparkle and embellishment, I added dots of Orange Peel Stickles along the inside edge of the decorative paper and a circle clip with hunks of ribbon, fibers, and twine.
Pretty quick and simple, but cheery!


Supplies:
Paper
: Sixth Avenue; PTI cardstock ‘Kraft’; SU! cardstock ‘Bravo Burgundy’, ‘Pumpkin Pie’ (inside), ‘Confetti White’
Stamps: SU! ‘Small Script’, ‘Cheery Chat’
Inks: Alcohol Ink ‘Mushroom’, ‘Blending Solution’; StazOn ‘Timber Brown’
Embellishments: spiral paper clip; ribbon; fibers; PTI rustic button twine; Stickles ‘Orange Peel’

Tools: felt ink blending tool; foam tape

1 comment:

Your comments make my day!