Thursday, October 20, 2011

Baby Boom!

We're having a mini baby boom at work...two baby girls, one due in November, one in December.  We recently had a baby shower for the moms-to-be and I volunteered to make the cards that everyone would sign.  We have twenty-some people in our department and I knew I had to make bigger cards than my usual half-a-piece-of-8-1/2 x 11, so I started designing 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 size cards.  That's when I discovered that the very few baby stamps that I do own are TINY!  Well, Cricut and Sure-Cuts-A-Lot to the rescue!  I chose a pretty font and cut "Baby" out of brown cardstock.  Then I cut two ovals...one cream and one patterned and scalloped the patterned one with decorative scissors.  The rest was just layering decorative papers, buttons, hand-dyed seam binding, and Tim Holtz safety pins.



Yes, they are both supposedly girls, but there's been some back-and-forth between boy and girl with the one, so I played it safe and added more blue on that card.  As far as I'm concerned, it's not for sure until that baby is born!

We also had some of the most adorable decorations that I'll share tomorrow, so check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!