The Details...and a confession:
- I started by painting the papier mache with Antique Linen Distress Crackle Paint, then added areas of Picket Fence Distress Crackle Paint.
- The next layer was torn strips of Bo-Bunny Et Cetera Symphony paper decoupaged on with Matte Multi-Medium. I will warn you, the paper turned very salmony/coral as the Multi-Medium dried. Thankfully, I was able to work with it by added coral accents.
- Next up was the doily, scalloped border sticker, postal stickers, and alpha stamps. All given another good coat of Multi-Medium.
- I have to fess up about that doily. It was on my plate at a restaurant a few months ago. It was just the prettiest and most delicate paper doily ever, so I snatched off the plate before it could get soiled and stuffed it in my purse. Luckily, I was with my best girlfriends who are also crafty and know all about my addictions. But, yeah, I still endured some teasing over that one. LOL!
- I layered the lovely Bo-Bunny Et Cetera silhouette sticker onto some My Mind's Eye patterned paper and scalloped the edges. She's attached to the dress form with foam tape for dimension (and the fact that she was not going to look right if I tried to make her fit the shape of the dress form surface!)
- Some velvet rick rack trim finishes off the bottom edge and neckline. I also clustered some vintage buttons along the bottom and one large one on the top of the neck. Gorgeous Jolee's embroidered lace flower and Prima flower are grouped with a Hobby Lobby bridal pick as a sort of "corsage" at the shoulder. And of course no corsage is complete without a pearl-headed pin...this one was colored to match with Alcohol inks and features a bit of bling with its dangling jewels, which were also colored with AI.
- The back needed a little something, so I gave her a seam binding bow "bustle".
Wishcraft: Waste Not Wednesday - Week #20
Flourishes: Timeless Tuesday #170 - Use a Flower
Top Tip Tuesday: #77 Dig Out the Old (papier mache dress form)
|Inks:||Distress Stain ‘Old Paper’; Distress Crackle Paint ‘Antique Linen’; Alcohol Ink ‘Aqua’, ‘Latte’; Perfect Pearl Mist ‘Heirloom Gold’|
|Embellishments:||Paper doily; Celebrate It ribbon; Blue Moon Lost & Found beads; The Jewelry Shoppe jump rings; Hobby Lobby bridal pick; corsage pin; vintage buttons; Hug Snug seam binding|
|Tools:||Claudine Hellmuth Studio Matte Multi-Medium; Wondertape; felt ink blender; scallop scissors; tweezer; foam tape|
|Misc:||Papier mache dressform|