- I stamped the house onto beige patterned paper with brown StazOn and then highlighted it with markers for color. To make the window look like glass, I used a white Glaze gel pen to draw some diagonal lines like reflections. The door knob is a teeny tiny dot of Liquid Pearls. I think these few touches really make the house image "pop".
- The top border was punched and meant to be reminiscent of the top of a wrought iron gate...yet softer. Thus the spring green patterned paper and accents of Liquid Pearls.
- That vintage-y key is actually chipboard that I made look like corroded metal in a few easy steps:
- Color chip board completely with Bundled Sage Distress Stain, then add a few touches of Brushed Corduroy stain.
- Blot lightly with gold metallic pigment ink
- Cover with Versamark ink
- Cover with Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (UTEE) and heat until UTEE is melted. Only do one coat of UTEE...the uneven, bumpy surface is what makes it look corroded.
- Apply one drop of Silver Mixative, two drops of Copper Mixative, and four drops of Alcohol Ink blending solution to a felt blending pad and dab the entire surface of the key. This knocks the shine off the UTEE and adds just a touch of metallic shimmer.
And finally, a "lessons learned" tip...always, ALWAYS test a new stamp on a scrap piece of paper before going full-bore onto your beautiful patterned paper! Ugh. Yep, the "Our Home" stamp did not stamp well and I had to fill in 80% of it with a brown pen. Now here's the question...if I hadn't fessed up, would you have known about that boo-boo? :-)
Simon Says Stamp & Show: No Rules!
|Cardstock:||Papertrey Ink ‘Kraft’|
|Patterned Paper:||My Mind’s Eye Lost & Found Two ‘Rosy’ 6x6|
|Stamps:||Cloud 9 Design ‘Home’|
|Inks:||StazOn ‘Timber Brown’; Le Pen ‘Brown’; Martha Stewart craft markers; Glaze pen ‘White’; VersaMark; Encore Ultimate Metallic ‘Gold’; Distress Stain ‘Bundled Sage’, ‘Brushed Corduroy’; Alcohol Ink ‘Copper Mixative’, ‘Silver Mixative’, ‘Blending Solution’|
|Embellishments:||Tim Holtz safety pin; Hug Snug Seam Binding ‘Ivory’; PTI rustic button twine; Liquid Pearls ‘Platinum Pearl’; Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (UTEE); Bazzill chipboard ‘Keys’|
|Tools:||Heat gun; EK Success edge punch ‘Graceful Heart’; Zig 2-way glue pen; 3M foam tape|