Thursday, September 27, 2012

Scaredy Cat & Pumpkin, Too!

I'm today's featured designer at Card A Day Blog and this week we are celebrating Halloween.  I thought this was just the cutest vintage Halloween image from Vintage Feedsacks and had to make it the centerpiece of my card.  I hope you join us for the frightful fun!

A Couple Details:
  • I am laughing right now because I've realized that the last four out of five cards I've posted all have banners and this one does too!  I think I may have a banner addiction.  LOL!  Oh well, when something works, it works. 
  • I printed the image on cardstock, tinted the edges with Black Soot DI, mounted it with foam tape for dimension, and then applied Black Diamond Stickles along the outside edges for that little bit of sparkle.
  • I recently saw some black and orange baker's twine at the craft store and almost bought it until I realized that I could make my own for a lot less!  They were charging nearly the same price for a few yards of the specialty two-tones as they were for the black and white in bulk.  Distress Stain to the rescue!  Just like any other ribbon or fiber, simply mist your twine with water and apply ink.  I used Spiced Marmalade...worked like a dream.  It's nice too because I could match the specific shade of orange on my card.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Stampin’ Up! ‘Really Rust’
Patterned Paper:  Daisy D’s; vintage book page
Image: Vintage Feedsacks ‘Vintage Halloween
Stamps: Cosmo Cricket ‘Haunted’
Inks: Distress Ink ‘Spiced Marmalade’, ‘Black Soot’; Distress Stain ‘Spiced Marmalade’
Embellishments: Darice baker’s twine ‘Black / White’; button; Stickles ‘Black Diamond’
Tools:  Heat gun; 3M foam tape; Tim Holtz paper distresser; Zots; Zig 2-way glue pen; mister

2 comments:

  1. That clip art is the cutest! I can see why you use it. Card turned out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this card...it's so cute and so Hallo-weenie!! Thanks for the great tip on twine. Will definitely use that.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!