Thursday, November 1, 2012

Cherish

My sister lost her English bulldog, Millie, this week.  She was nearly eleven (pretty old for a bully) and had failed quickly...she's now at the Rainbow Bridge with her brothers Mack and Louie. We must cherish the time we have with our pets, for they are always gone too soon.  I pray I have several more years with my boys, but I know the time will come.

I sent Cindy this card to bring just a speck of comfort.

A Few Details:
  • In my mind, this sweet little bluebird looked like he was carrying a message from heaven.  A message of love from Millie to my sister.  :-)  I used a pink rub-on heart from a Valentine's Day set to embellish the envelop.
  • Rock Candy Distress Stickles add some heavenly sparkle to the little birdie, heart, and surrounding foliage.
  • The patterned papers are of course from My Mind's Eye.  The "Cherish" greeting was cut from a collage page and accented with a little Old Paper Distress Stickles.  It's mounted on foam tape for a bit of dimension.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink Kraft
Patterned Paper:  My Mind’s Eye Miss Caroline ‘Fiddlesticks’ 6x6
Image: Graphics Fairy ‘Bluebird with Cherry Blossoms
Inks: Distress Ink ‘Old Paper’; Perfect Pearls Mist ‘Heirloom Gold’; Glaze gel pen ‘White’
Embellishments: Distress Stickles ‘Rock Candy’, ‘Old Paper’; Hug Snug seam binding ‘Ivory’; vintage button; Paper Studio rub-on ‘Seasonal Valentine 2009’
Tools:  3M foam tape; Glue Dots; Tim Holtz paper distresser

2 comments:

  1. what a thoughtful card and oh so pretty! love the soft feminine details.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful card and oh so appreciated. Thanks for thinking of us...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!