Sunday, March 31, 2013

Thinking of You

Happy Easter
He is Risen, He is Risen, Indeed!

The theme this week at Card A Day Blog is "Thinking of You", and while this theme can cover a lot of things, unfortunately lately for me, it means sympathy cards.

I wanted something simple with a soft, comforting palette...

A Couple Details:
  • Kraft cardstock is so grounding...not too sweet, not too harsh.  Always the perfect base when you want to go simple.
  • The Crafty Secrets frame did most of the work for me, stamping "thinking of you" in the center and distressing the edges is the only extra work it needed from me.
  • A scalloped edge along the bottom edge of the patterned paper, a distressed strip of contrasting paper, and a butterfly sticker add detail, but not bulk.  This will go through the mail in great condition.
  • And for that something extra, a simple row of Liquid Pearls dots along the bottom.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink ‘Kraft’
Patterned Paper:  My Mind’s Eye Lost & Found Two ‘Sunshine’ 6x6
Stamps: K&Co. Amy Butler ‘Lotus Greeting’
Inks: Memento ‘London Fog’; Distress Ink ‘Old Paper’
Embellishments: Crafty Secrets Creative Scraps; K&Co. embossed stickers Elizabeth Brownd ‘Traditional Butterflies’; Liquid Pearls ‘Bisque’
Tools:  Tim Holtz paper distresser; foam ink blender; scallop scissors

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and I agree that kraft cardstock is grounding, I have been using more of it too. Beautiful stamp well done card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I'm sure it will be comfort to it's recipient.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!