I decided to take a step back and document our engagement story with this scrapbook layout. I never scrapbook by myself, so this was a real challenge for me. I had no one here to offer opinion! That was tough, but I pushed through and am pretty pleased with the result.
|(sorry, this story is just for us! J)|
- The diamond ring SVG from The Creative Pointe's "Wedding Set" made a perfect frame for our photo.
- I cut the base from dark grey stock and the "setting" from a lighter grey, delicately patterned paper. The "diamond" was cut from white stock. I drew a few facet lines with a pencil and then covered it in a thick coat of Rock Candy Distress Stickles for the appropriate sparkle.
- I layered a large version of The Creative Pointe's "Bracket Element" SVG to break up the background a bit and bring in some more pink. Since it was the whole story, I typed it out on grey-ish stock, formatting it into three columns and adjusting so that it would be the right size for my page.
- "Engaged!" was cut using "English" font and colored with a touch of Worn Lipstick Distress Stain to up the pink tone a bit.
- The rest was adding embellishments: a strip of crocheted lace, suede leaf ribbon and some flowers. An extra special touch is the corsage pin and beads stuck in beneath the silk flower petals..."inheritance" from my paternal grandmother's impressive stash, recently passed along from my mom.
I can't wait to see how the other designers have outdone themselves on their "Weddings" projects! Click here to check out all the Creative Cutting Challenge Design Team projects and join the challenge. Even if you don't use SVG files yet, it's definitely worth the visit for some great ideas!
Fairy Tale Challenges: A Very Special Occasion
Totally Papercrafts Friday Challenges: #164 - Flowers and Lace
Allsorts: Week 204 - Anything But a Card
Creative Creations Challenges: #9 - Weddings
Make My Monday: Anything But a Card
UnstampaBelles: Challenge #22 - Anything But a Card (papercraft no stamping)
|Cardstock:||Stampin’ Up! ‘Sahara Sand’, ‘Ultrasmooth Vanilla’, ‘Ultrasmooth White’; Papertrey Ink ‘Smokey Shadow’|
|Patterned Paper:||Authentique ‘Blissful’ 6x6, unknown|
|SVG:||The Creative Pointe ‘Wedding Set’, ‘Bracket Element’; font ‘English’|
|Inks:||Distress Stain ‘Worn Lipstick’; Le Pen ‘Grey’; Distress Ink ‘Old Paper’|
|Embellishments:||Lace ribbon; leaf ribbon; paper flowers; silk flowers; Tim Holtz button; vintage corsage pin; vintage pearls; Distress Stickles ‘Rock Candy’|
|Tools:||SCAL; Cricut Expression; Fiskars punch ‘Corner Rounder’; glue dots; foam ink blender; TH paper distresser|