- I started with a kraft stock base and layered on some re-purposed Tim Holtz tissue paper that had been colored and used as wrapping paper (waste not!). I tore the edges to roughly fit my card size and used spray adhesive to attach it in all its tattered and wrinkled glory. Several swipes with a Snow Cap paint dabber lighten it and blend it into the kraft base a bit.
- Next up, some beautiful butterfly patterned paper from My Mind's Eye. I tattered the edges with Tim's paper distresser and attached it with my tiny attacher. A touch of lace adorns the top edge.
- A girly subway-type sign was cut from a 6x6 My Mind's Eye collage paper. Again, the edges were tattered and colored with Tumbled Glass Distress Stain to stand out from the background.
- Butterflies cut from the patterned paper flutter around the sentiment. I also layered a couple on top of the patterned paper section to make it look like they were coming to life and then flying away.
- Finally, our collage-y girl. This was fussy-cut from a postcard I've had in the stash. I loved the image and always had it in my mind that I would use it for my niece.
This card was fun to make. It was one of those times where I just let myself go and added elements as the mood and inspiration struck. Ahh...creativity feels so good when it flows!
Going Grey with Scrap-Creations Challenge: Insects or Animals
Oldie But a Goodie Challenge: Make It Girly (postcard)
Gingerloft Challenge: GL Torn and Distressed
ABC Challenges: ABC25 - Recycle
Cards in Envy: Things with Wings!
Make It Monday: MIM #137
The Kraft Journal: Make It Monday with Kraft Outlet - Recycle or Re-Use
Three Scrappy Gals: April is Earthy!
|Cardstock:||Papertrey Ink ‘Kraft’|
|Patterned Paper:||My Mind’s Eye Miss Caroline ‘Dolled Up’ 6x6, ‘Fiddlesticks’ 6x6; Tim Holtz tissue paper (re-purposed)|
|Inks:||Adirondack paint dabber ‘Snow Cap’; Distress Stain ‘Tumbled Glass’|
|Embellishments:||Postcard; lace trim; pearl stickers|
|Tools:||TH paper distresser, tiny attacher; 3M foam tape; Glossy Accents; tweezers|