Friday, March 2, 2012

Luck of the Irish

Can you believe it's March?!  In the spirit of the month, my Irish-ness was calling today...plus, I've been wanting to use this lovely image from The Graphics Fairy. She looks like a wee Irish lass to me and I earmarked her for a St. Patrick's Day project on Pinterest a while back.


Just a Couple Details:
  • I have many sheets of patterned paper that just aren't my style anymore. The green plaid I used here is one that I'm not a huge fan of, but come on, green plaid...perfect for St. Patrick's Day, right? I figured that there must be a way to make it work, so I saturated it in Old Paper Distress Stain, heat dried it, crinkled it, then highlighted the crinkles with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink. Much better!
  • I love how seam binding takes ink...sort of splotchy and oh-so vintagy! To get just the right color, I used four inks on this seam binding bow: Bundled Sage DS, Forest Moss DI, Stampin' Up! Garden Green classic ink, and Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls Mist. Scrunch and heat dry. For some lovely ringlets, I wrapped the ends around a pencil before heat drying.
  • Here's my favorite crocheted ribbon yet again...it's just always the perfect touch. Then to "Irish" things up a bit more, I added a shamrock image, some green buttons, and of course, some Papertrey Ink rustic button twine.

Challenges:


Supplies:
Cardstock: Stampin’ Up! ‘Garden Green’; kraft tag
Pattern Paper: DCWV
Image: The Graphics Fairy
Stamps: SU! ‘All Year Cheer III’, ‘Handstitched’
Inks: StazOn ‘Jet Black’; SU! classic ‘Garden Green’; Distress  Ink ‘Frayed Burlap’, ‘Forest Moss’, ‘Old Paper’; Distress Stain ‘Old Paper’, ‘Brushed Corduroy’, ‘Bundled Sage’; Perfect Pearls Mist ‘Heirloom Gold’
Embellishments: buttons; crocheted lace; Papertrey Ink rustic button twine; Distress Stickles ‘Rock Candy’; Tim Holtz mini paper clip; Hug Snug seam binding

Tools: scallop scissors; hole punch; heat gun; Wondertape; Zots; foam ink blender

8 comments:

  1. Love what you did with the paper you didn't like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoWzA, love this beauty! LOL, I have the OTHER pile of so-not-my-style patterned paper ... wanna compare piles?!? LOLOLOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tag and so perfect for Saint Paddy's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this St. Patty's tag! Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my...I love this tag! That image is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many amazing details all coming together for a delightful and beautiful tag! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty - I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!