Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Scrappin' This Weekend

I'm so excited to be attending a scrapbooking event this weekend with my mom, sister, and good friend.  Not only will it be fun, but it's in support of a great cause as well.  Mary's Dream - Living Without Fear was started in honor of Mary Lynn Babb after she was stalked and killed by her abusive ex-husband.  My sister, Cindy (The Creative Pointe), worked with Mary, so this tragedy really hit close to home.  Each year since her death, Mary's family holds several different fundraisers, one of which is this scrapbooking event.  Mary's Dream also works to educate and bring about legislation to help protect victims of domestic violence. 

Here we are, the Fabulous Scrap Queens at last year's event.  It's not every day past the age of seven that a girl can wear hot pink, a tiara, kiddie costume earrings, and practice her "royal" wave!

With that said, I've officially entered "crazy time" at work in preparation for our big bi-annual trade show.  In trying to stay organized and ahead of things this week, I packed up my stash for this fabulous weekend and *gasp* failed to create an example using the Pumpkin Scarecrow!  So sorry, dear followers!  Something tells me you will bear with me, especially since there's so much goodness coming your way this weekend!
  • Friday...well of course, it's a new free digi!
  • Saturday...Day 1 of the Card a Day Blog Christmas Blog Hop.  A Christmas Card for inspiration and there's BLOG CANDY!!
  • Sunday...Day 2 of the CADB Christmas Blog Hop.  Another inspiring Christmas Card and another chance at candy!

So the morals of this story? 
  1. Check out Mary's Dream - Living Without Fear and don't let someone you love (including yourself) live with domestic violence.
  2. Don't pack your stuff before making example projects (oh wait, that one's just for me).
  3. Come back on Friday!
  4. Come back on Saturday!
  5. Come back on Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to hanging with you gals! At least you're organized...but I'll get there!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!