Now, envision a rustic farmhouse that's been in the family for generations. Its walls covered in faded floral wallpaper, an old ladder-back chair with worn upholstery sits in the corner. The doors still have the old locks that use rusty skeleton keys. The daily regimen of a farmer's family...Sunday-church, Monday-wash, Tuesday-ironing... can you see it?
- I played with some of my favorite My Mind's Eye Lost & Found papers again on this tag...they are just so pretty!
- The stamps are also MME...this time from the Stella and Rose "Memories" collection.
- The first diecut I used was the EK Success "donut chain" edger punch. I actually used it in three different ways on this tag:
- Way #1 - standard border, but off course, I also had to dig out the sewing machine and run a stitch down the center for that extra "something". Please don't judge the quality of the sewing (or lack thereof)...that craft is my mom's forte, not mine!
- Way #2 - once I covered the tag with patterned paper, the hole at the top looked boring, so I decided to liven it up by punching a short length of donut chain from the plaid paper used at the bottom. I trimmed a single donut from the chain and used it as a reinforcer.
- Way #3 - an eyelet effect on the bottom of the tag. With only 1/2 of the donut chain showing, it creates a pretty scallop design. I can see using this a lot! I also ran a stitch along the bottom edge.
- The other diecut I used is this wonderful chipboard key from Bazzill. They come in three great designs / sizes. To accomplish the rusty distressed finish, I used Distress Stains, Snow Cap Adirondack Paint Dabber, and Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint.
I hope you take the chance to play along with us...you could win a $10 gift certificate to the Scrapalicious USA store!
|Cardstock:||Stampin’ Up! ‘Sage Shadow’; kraft tag|
|Patterned Paper:||My Mind’s Eye Lost & Found ‘Market Street’ 6x6 pad|
|Inks:||Distress Ink ‘Old Paper’; Distress Stain ‘Old Paper’, ‘Brushed Corduroy’, ‘Pumice Stone’, ‘Bundled Sage’; Adirondack Paint Dabber ‘Snow Cap’; Alcohol Ink ‘Latte’, ‘Blending Solution’; StazOn ‘Timber Brown’; SU! classic ‘Cameo Coral’; SU! craft ‘Cameo Coral’, ‘Close to Cocoa’|
|Embellishments:||Zing embossing powder ‘Clear’; Hug Snug seam binding ‘Ivory’; lace; ribbon; Papertrey Ink rustic button twine; buttons; Crackle Accents; Distress Crackle Paint ‘Rock Candy’|
|Tools:||Foam and felt ink blenders; sewing machine; water pen; scallop scissors; foam tape; Tim Holtz paper distresser; Wondertape|