I loved hunting for Easter eggs as a kid. Now understand, in mid-Michigan, it's usually too cold (sometimes snow) on Easter to hide the eggs in the yard...in fact I have no memories of doing so. My mom (uh, I mean the Easter bunny!) would hide the eggs throughout the first floor of our house. And these were REAL eggs. Hard-boiled and hand-dyed REAL eggs. The prize was finding the eggs, not money and candy inside plastic eggs. These kids today...so spoiled! J
Okay, now that I sound like a cranky elderly woman, let's get on with the card...
- A little dimension was achieved by layering a smaller piece of matching cardstock onto the card base. Photo corners also add some dimension.
- The subtle background was created by stamping the "Thoughts From the Past" Unity stamp vertically, twice, in white pigment ink, then embossing with clear powder. This created an interesting effect...some areas look like a watermark and some look like milk glass. Overall I like the effect, but truth be told, it's not what I expected.
- Dear followers, I actually got out my sewing machine and stitched on this card!! Can you believe it? It's even pretty straight and I didn't completely chew up my paper. I think I'll start doing this more often. J
- That gorgeous nest image is from The Graphics Fairy. It's the same one I used on the Little Pink Houses, but you actually get full credit for it here.
- Loving this pink pom pom trim! I saw it at Archivers and had to purchase it...as if I needed more ribbon! (Seriously, it's a sickness...I may have to change the name of the blog to Ribbon Squirrel if I keep this up.)
- And finally, the "Happy Hunting" cardstock sticker was given a border of Old Paper Distress Stickles and the eggs were accented with various colors of Stickles.
Papertrey Ink ‘Sweet Blush’
The Graphics Fairy
|Stamps:||Unity ‘Thoughts from the Past”|
|Inks:||Stampin’ Up! craft ‘White’; Distress Ink ‘Old Paper’, ‘Tattered Rose’; Distress Stain ‘Victorian Velvet’|
|Embellishments:||K&C music border; Karen Foster Designs cardstock sticker ‘Vintage Easter’; Distress Stickles ‘Old Paper’, ‘Frayed Burlap’, ‘Rock Candy’; Stickles ‘Patina’; American crafts ribbon; photo corners; Zing embossing powder ‘Clear’; Martha Stewart glitter ‘Crystal Fine’|
|Tools:||sewing machine; foam ink blending tool; heat gun; Wondertape|