Monday, August 1, 2011

Challenge Entry: Too Much of a Good Thing Tag

So I set off to show how you can build a multi-scoop cone with Friday's free Ice Cream Cone digital stamp, and I just couldn't stop myself!  I pulled out a bunch of scraps that all coordinated color-wise and printed and trimmed away until I had created a FIVE scoop treat!

I'm submitting this towering tag of yummy to this week's Simon Says Stamp & Show:  A Tag challenge.

The Details:
  • Like I said, I pulled out a bunch of scraps, focusing on pastels (since it is ice cream), and with colors that cross from pattern to pattern. 
  • For the base of the tag, I dragged my Tattered Rose DI ink pad down the length of a manila tag, then added some Red-Blue Pearl Ex powder for glimmer.
  • I pulled out my 7 Gypsies "Disclaimer" stamp set and selected sayings that could fit in with a towering ice cream cone:  "Handle With Care", "Some Assembly Required", "This End Up", etc.  I stamped these in pink pigment ink and added the Pearl Ex Powder to the words too.  This created a tonal, somewhat industrial looking text background (well, as industrial as you can get using pink).
  • After printing and trimming the cone and scoops, I stacked them in a random, hap-hazard way the full length of the tag. 
  • I then covered the scoops in glue and added fine crystal glitter.  To the edges and highlight areas, I added Icicle Stickles for extra icy dimension.
  • While digging through my sticker stash in search of something appropriate to spell out "Sweet" or something along those lines, I discovered my 7 Gypsies Party sticker set and the "Too Much of a Good Thing Can be Wonderful" sticker...hello!  Perfect!  Too much ice cream and too much glitter, and too much shimmery pink made this tag wonderful in my eyes!  It's so girly, it makes my teeth hurt!  :-)

Supplies:
Paper
: manila tag; assorted scrap background papers
Image: ‘Ice Cream Cone’ digital stamp by Paper Squirrel
Stamps: 7Gypsies ‘Disclaimer’
Inks: DI ‘Tattered Rose’; SU! craft ‘Pixie Pink’
Embellishments: Pearl Ex powder ‘Duo Red-Blue’; Martha Stewart ultrafine glitter ‘Crystal’; 7Gypsies stickers ‘Party’; Glossy Accents; Stickles ‘Icicle’; scallop scissors; ribbon; fibers

Tools: Mono Aqua glue; ink jet printer; foam tape
Misc: cardboard

3 comments:

  1. how wonderful - such fabulous ice-cream shades- yummy - a great tag!
    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOh I love your ice-cream stack! and you are so right too much of a good thing can only be WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!