Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Banana Split For You Gift Tag

With this week's free Banana Split digital stamp, I made a gift bag tag.  These are always handy to have pre-made for those last minute gift wrap sessions...oh, is that just me?  :-)

The tag measures about 4" wide and is just three layers of ovals cut with my Coluzzle.  I obviously need to replace my cutting blade, but I kind of liked the rough edge effect, so I left it.

By draping the ribbon around the handles, you decorate the bag without altering the bag, so it can be reused and redecorated again and again.  Adjust the size of your tag and/or ribbon length to fit larger bags.  This would also be a great gift tag template for wine or liquor bottles.

Tip:  When coloring digital stamps printed with an inkjet printer, first spray the image with Krylon Workable Fixatif to set the ink.  This prevents your ink from bleeding into your markers or watercolors.  Just make sure to work in a well ventilated area!




















Supplies:
Paper
: SU! cardstock ‘Not Quite Navy’, ‘Naturals Ivory’; Paper Pizzazz ‘Green Party Words’
Image: ‘Banana Split’ digital stamp by Paper Squirrel
Stamps: SU! ‘All Year Cheer III’
Inks: StazOn ‘Jet Black’; Martha Stewart craft markers
Embellishments: Stickles ‘Fruit Punch’, ‘Icicle’, ‘Crystal’; ribbon

Tools: Coluzzle; hole punch; Krylon Workable Fixatif; ink jet printer

1 comment:

Your comments make my day!