Saturday, June 4, 2011

CP Creative Team: Grad Card

Graduation season is in full swing!  I'm sure we'll all be attending some graduation parties this summer.  This card was created for my cousin's daughter whose high school graduation party is next week. 

The Details:
  • When I saw The Creative Pointe's "Graduation Signs" SVG set, I knew that I wanted to incorporate it into this card.  The 'Route 2011' file comes in two layers, but I added a third behind the letter openings with just a scrap of paper.
  • I used the "Graduation Set 2" for the diploma scroll, however I cut off the bow portion and added a real ribbon instead.
  • The colors were chosen to tie in with the graduate's high school colors.

As usual, you can find Cindy's great SVG files at Diecut Designer.

 













Supplies:
Paper
: PTI card stock ‘Kraft’; Paper Adventures background paper; SU! card stock ‘Barely Banana’, ‘Garden Green’, ‘Naturals Ivory’, ‘Basic Black’; scrap background paper
SVG: The Creative Pointe ‘Graduation Signs’, ‘Graduation Set 2’ at Diecut Designer
Stamps: SU! ‘All Year Cheer’
Inks: Distress Ink ‘Old Paper’, ‘Crushed Olive’; StazOn ‘Jet Black’
Embellishments: ribbon, rhinestones
Tools: Sure-Cuts-A-Lot (SCAL); Cricut Expression electronic cutter; foam tape; Fiskars corner rounder punch; tweezers; glue; foam ink blending tool

1 comment:

  1. Love how you used my files to create this great card. Love the "untraditional" graduation colors too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!