- I had a lot of fun building up the base on this little plaque:
- The structure is two layers of recycled cereal box cardboard cut on the Cricut and glued together, then topped with vintage sheet music.
- I then added random areas of thinly-applied Antique Linen Crackle Paint.
- Once the crackle paint was dry, I applied various colors of Distress Inks to bring out the cracks and add color.
- On top of all that, I stamped a big swirl in Broken China DI.
- The bird image is from Crafty Secrets "Birds & Blossoms" collage. I added glossy accents to just the bird to make him stand out. I then added gold metallic to his crown and glittered the edges for some extra sparkle.
- "Enjoy the Journey" was stamped in StazOn Jet Black onto vellum. I distressed the vellum with Old Paper DI, tattered the edges, and folded it like a pennant.
- The Princess Border Set SVG is just fantastic, so easy to work into a project and so easy to add embellishments to. I've used it in various projects now and each one has taken on a completely unique look. I really wanted a glammed up border for this little plaque:
- First, I cut the SVG out of PTI Aqua Mist cardstock using my Cricut and Sure-Cuts-A-Lot (SCAL) program.
- Then I covered the whole border in Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint
- While the paint was still wet, I sprinkled on a little aqua and gold fine glitter and crystal chunky glitter.
- After the paint dried and the glitter was now stuck in the crackle paint, I added Old Paper DI with a foam blending tool to highlight the crackles. Make sure to pounce the DI on with the foam...don't rub. Rubbing knocks the glitter off and could tear your border. The Old Paper DI really gives the border a vintage feel because only the crackle areas without glitter will take the DI.
Paper: vintage sheet music; PTI cardstock ‘Aqua Mist’; SU! vellum
Image: Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Creative Scraps ‘Birds & Blossoms’
SVG: Princess Border set by The Creative Pointe at Diecut DesignerStamps: TH ‘Playful Journey’; Inque ‘Ornaments’
Inks: Distress Ink ‘Old Paper’, ‘Broken China’, ‘Vintage Photo’, ‘Tattered Rose’; StazOn ‘Jet Black’; Distress Crackle Paint ‘Antique Linen’, ‘Rock Candy’
Embellishments: ribbon, rhinestones, The Art Institute glitter ‘Spring’; JoAnn glitter ‘Crystal’
Tools: foam tape; foam ink blending tool; vellum tape; glue dots; Tombow Mono Aqua glue; postage stamp scissors; SCAL, Cricut Expression