Thursday, November 24, 2011

Give Thanks This Day


Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!  

I came across this poem and wanted to share it with you today.  To me, it really speaks to the heart of what the day means.  We may joke and call it "turkey day" and say it's all about the food, but it's important to remember to truly give thanks for all our blessings...big and small.


Giving Thanks 

For the hay and the corn and the wheat that is reaped,
For the labor well done, and the barns that are heaped,
For the sun and the dew and the sweet honeycomb,
For the rose and the song and the harvest brought home --
Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving! 

For the trade and the skill and the wealth in our land,
For the cunning and strength of the workingman's hand,
For the good that our artists and poets have taught,
For the friendship that hope and affection have brought --
Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving! 

For the homes that with purest affection are blest,
For the season of plenty and well-deserved rest,
For our country extending from sea unto sea;
The land that is known as the "Land of the Free" --
Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving! 

Author Unknown


I am thankful for my loving and supportive family and friends and for their continued good health, for without them, my life would be empty. 
I am thankful for my own health because without it, not much else is possible.
I am thankful that I am employed, it's key to supporting my craft addition.
I am thankful for my home, my cozy bed, electricity, running water, and the food in my pantry.
I am thankful for my "boys", the cats, for without them the house would be too quiet and too clean.
I am thankful for my artistic ability and for all of you who read this blog and support my art with your kind comments.

What are you thankful for this year?

2 comments:

  1. Very appropriate poem. Also thankful for all my blessings....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the poem! Thanks for sharing it. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!