Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Another Teenage Birthday Card

Since I shared the boys' cards for this year, I thought I'd throw in my niece's birthday card too.  I really like how this one turned out.  Pretty simple, but perfect for the recipient.  Jamie loves bold colors and is an incredible artist herself with modern taste. 

The Details:
  • The journaling lines were stamped with Versamark ink, then the greeting was stamped on top with StazOn Jet Black.  StazOn black ink is one of my favorites because it's a true, deep black with no hint of brown or purple.  And of course, if you want to color your stamped image with markers or watercolors, StazOn will not bleed.
  • The flower center is a large white brad with an orange rhinestone on top.  Just a touch of bling for Miss Jamie.
  • I love the stamped image because she actually looks a lot like my niece...happy coincidence!

Supplies:
Paper
: SU! card stock ‘Naturals White’, ‘Pumpkin Pie’, ‘Pink Passion'; scrap pattern papers  
Stamps:  SU!; Inkadinkado
Inks: StazOn ‘Jet Black’
Embellishments: Darice silk flower; large white brad; orange rhinestone
Tools: Fiskars corner rounder punch; glue dots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!