Saturday, May 21, 2011

Teenage Boy Cards - Day 1

Oh it's such a BEAUTIFUL day here that I could barely drag myself downstairs to my basement studio!  I did finally get my flowers and veggies planted.  Also spontaneously ripped out a bush that I've hated for years, so a morning well spent!  On to today's project...

So what's harder than creating a "man" card?...that's right, a card for a teenage boy (man)!

I have three teenage nephews and I've really had to strike the balance between fun and grown up in their birthday cards the last few years.  For the next few days, I'm sharing their cards for this year.  Hopefully they'll provide some inspiration for your own teenager cards.

We'll start oldest to youngest.  Calvin just turned 19 and for his card this year, I focused on what he's best know for...swimming. 

The Details:
  • I've had some Hot Off the Press Collage packs for years and have just started browsing through them again.  That's where I came across this swim stroke instruction image.  Perfect for Cal!
  • For some color, I added scrap stripe paper and some blue card stock hand cut to look like waves.
  • It needed a little dimension and the orange buttons did the trick.  I love accenting with buttons!

Supplies:
Paper:  Hot Off the Press collage paper; PTI card stock 'Kraft'; SU! card stock 'Ballet Blue'; scrap stripe paper
Stamps:  SU!
Inks:  VersaMark; DI 'Tea Dye'
Embellishments:  buttons; PTI rustic button twine
Tools:  hole punch; foam tape

2 comments:

Your comments make my day!