Saturday, May 7, 2011

Challenge Entry: SSS & Show Some Hands

Time for another challenge entry!  This time it's for the Simon Says Stamp & Show Some Hands Challenge.  I have ONE hand stamp, so that settled that!  I also had a limited amount of time to spend on this challenge, so I stayed small with this "Enjoy the Journey" tag.

I like the whimsy of this tag...the bright colors, the pink bike, the playful pennants... 

The Details:
  • The torn "seam" was actually a happy accident.  I was using the Tim Holtz paper distresser on the edges of the cloud paper and caught the embossed edge, tearing it about 1/2".  I liked the look, so I tore it further and applied it to the tag as if it would be ripped completely apart if not for the TH safety pin.
  • Don't you just love the element of fun that pennant banners add to your creations?  These are stamped on decorative paper, cut out, and "hung" on Papertrey Ink baker's twine.

Supplies:
Paper:  K&Co; My Mind's Eye; Stampin' Up!
Stamps:  My Mind's Eye 'Perfect', 'Adore'; Tim Holtz 'Playful Journey'
Inks:  Distress Inks; SU! Classic
Embellishments:  Papertrey Ink baker's twine; TH safety pin; ribbon; fibers
Tools:  Texture Boutique; TH dots texture fade; Cuttlebug stitch folder; foam ink blending tool; hole punch; foam tape; 3M Super 77 spray adhesive; Tombo Monoadhesive

2 comments:

  1. Hiya Thankssss for joining the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show with your wonderfull tag, love the colors and the hand...Thank you for sharing Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!