Monday, May 9, 2011

Dream Tag

Yesterday, you learned how to make a crepe paper carnation.  Today, I'm showing off a tag that is embellished with this lovely flower.

I didn't have any cards to make or a specific project in mind, so I decided to make a tag and just play around a bit.  The result is this pretty "Dream" tag that I'm submitting to this week's Simon Says Stamp & Show "Anything Goes" challenge.  How convenient that "anything goes" this week!

The Details:
  • Of course, I'm featuring yesterday's lovely carnation!  Click HERE for the tutorial to make your own.
  • The base of the tag is embossed using the TH notebook texture fade. I added the strip of TH 'Symphony' tissue tape and then applied Vintage Photo and Peeled Painted DI to bring out the texture.
  • To make my dreamer look extra worn and vintage-y, I used the TH paper distresser on the edges, folded her a couple times and added Vintage Photo DI to the edges and folds using a foam blending tool.  I was a little rough on the corners so that they would curl and dog ear.
  • The enamel alpha brads were a bit too white for the rest of the tag, so I antiqued them with Sandal and Salmon alcohol inks, applying and tapping until I achieved a stained appearance.
  • The butterfly is stamped with StazOn Timber Brown on grunge paper that was first colored with drops of alcohol ink and allowed to dry. 
  • Notice that those floral stamen are back!  This time just stained with Salmon alcohol ink and used as accent to the carnation.  Remember that you can make great flower centers with these and a button.  Click HERE to see that project.

Supplies:
Paper:  K&Co ‘Classic K Bailey’; manila tag; grunge paper
Image:  unknown (sorry, I like to give credit, but I’ve had this one for a while)
Stamps:  Chatterbox ‘Fabulous’; SU! ‘Itty Bitty Backgrounds’
Inks:  StazOn ‘Timber Brown’; Distress Inks ‘Vintage Photo’, ‘Peeled Paint’; Alcohol Inks ‘Salmon’, ‘Sandal’, ‘Aqua’; Encore Ultimate Metallic 'Gold'
Embellishments:  TH tissue tape ‘Symphony’; small pearl stamen; large suede leaf ribbon; enamel alpha brads; assorted ribbon & fibers; gold cord; TH notepaper texture fade; crepe paper flower (see tutorial)
Tools:  Texture Boutique; glue dots; 3M Super 77 spray adhesive; TH paper distresser

6 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so very pretty!! Love the colors, the elements - wonderful!

    Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your DREAM tag is beautiful! I love the rich deep colors you used. The image is really cool and the other embellishments work perfectly with the picture. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful your work! and thanks for the tutorial of the flowers and the freebies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love the background, especially the music strip behind the letters. And the flower is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is just beautiful...loving that rich green colour, those fab brads and the image is perfect...
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge.
    Sarah.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!