Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Ornaments

T’was the night before Christmas and all through the craft room, a Cricut was stirring…

I created this last card for our entire department to sign and give to our boss along with her group gift.  It’s approximately 5x7, larger than my standard card size so that 20+ people could share their Christmas greetings on the inside.


Some Details:
·         I made my own background using Tim Holtz’s "Holiday Print" texture fade and highlighting it with Distress Inks.  Since texture fades are designed more for 4-1/4 x 5-1/2” cards, I added strips of patterned paper at the top and bottom to help fill the space.  I scalloped the edges and punched some “eyelet” using a small hole punch.
·         The ornaments were cut on my Cricut using Sure-Cuts-A-Lot and The Creative Pointe’s “Joy Ornament” SVG file.  The big ornament is approx. 3” tall.  To give it some extra dimension, I cut three layers…one from red patterned paper and two from red cardstock.  I stacked and glued these together, then add the green cardstock with “merry & bright” to the back.  

·      The large ornament was covered in a layer of Rock Candy Distress Stickles for some sparkle.  It also has an outline of Fired Brick D.S. around the oval cut out, Old Paper D.S. on the ornament cap, and the red area was covered in Glossy Accents after the Rock Candy D.S. had dried.

·         The smaller ornaments are the same ornament outline, but I removed the inner oval cut and scaled the SVG (scalable vector graphic) file to make one long skinny ornament and one short fat ornament.  These are cut from scraps, covered in Rock Candy D.S. and “hang” from gold cord.

Challenges:

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful holiday card - love the glitter ornaments! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge - merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Always love to see how the SVG files are used...great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome ornaments, love all the glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card. I really love the embossed detail.
    Thanks for joining Papertake Weekly.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely holiday card. The ornaments are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!