Do you have a ton of Christmas cards to make and are short on time? Then check out today’s simple, but elegant card design. I just had a few more cards to make and needed something quick and easy to make multiples.
· Emboss the front of a folded card of Papertrey Ink Spring Moss cardstock using Tim Holtz’s “Holiday Print” texture fade and lightly apply Crushed Olive Distress Ink with a foam blending tool. Tip: Brush the ink on in only one direction to bring out the best dimension. If using darker ink, apply from the bottom up, if using light ink, apply from the top down.
· Apply strip of JoAnn glitter ribbon.
· Stamp “Merry & Bright” sentiment on a scrap of contrasting green pattern paper using StazOn “Jet Black”. (It’s important to use a waterproof ink in this step).
· Punch out sentiment with scallop circle punch and ink edges with Crushed Olive DI. Adhere to card face with foam tape and cover with a layer of Glossy Accents.
· Apply Glossy Accents to leaves and berries of a holly sprig and cover in crystal glitter. Once dry, apply to card with Glossy Accents.
I told you it was simple! Now go make those cards…you still have time to make a bunch and get them there before Christmas!
Don't forget to enter the
Santa's Naughty Helper Challenge!
Click HERE for all the details.
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink ‘Spring Moss’
Stamps: Stampin’ Up!
Inks: StazOn ‘Jet Black’; Distress Ink ‘Crushed Olive’
Embellishments: JoAnn ribbon; holly sprig, Glossy Accents; Martha Stewart glitter ‘Crystal Fine’
Tools: Fiskars scallop circle punch; Tim Holtz texture fade ‘Holiday Print’; Sizzix Texture Boutique; foam ink blending tool; 3M foam tape