Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Celebrate with a Pina Colada

As promised, here's a project with Friday's free Pina Colada digital stamp.  Even the card looks cool and refreshing!

The Details:
  • When creating my challenge entry for last week's Grungy Monday technique, I wondered what light paint colors would do to the look.  Knowing that I wanted a light and summery palette for this card, I used a scrap of pastel checkerboard background paper as the base.  I then used a smaller checkerboard stamp for the clear embossed image.  For the paint, I used white to keep things light and mimic the frothiness of the pina colada. 
    • The white paint works with the technique just as well as the black/brown color Tim used.  This is such a great way to alter that scrap background paper that you might not like anymore, but still have a lot of!
  • The pina colada image was printed on PTI Lemon Yellow cardstock and colored with SU! watercolor crayons.  The white areas are just white acrylic paint...again, I wanted the frothiness of a real pina colada to translate to my image.
  • The finishing touches were just some ribbon, gel pen doodling, and 'Celebrate' stamped in white pigment ink.
This yummy card will be perfect for a summer birthday!  If you haven't already grabbed the Pina Colada digi, remember that it's only free until Friday.


Supplies:
Paper
: SU! cardstock ‘Almost Apricot’; PTI cardstock ‘Lemon Yellow’; Colorbok ‘Checkers’ background paper
Image: Pina Colada digital stamp by Paper Squirrel
Stamps: SU! ‘Checkerboard’, ‘All Year Cheer’
Inks: Top Boss embossing ink; Folk Art acrylic paint ‘901 Wicker White’; SU! watercolor crayons; SU! Craft ‘White’; white gel pen
Embellishments: clear embossing powder; Making Memories ribbon ‘Animal Crackers’

Tools: embossing powder tray; heat gun; tweezers; water pen; foam tape; mini mister; Exacto knife

3 comments:

  1. I'll have one of those! Lovin' the light colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks for the drink! here is my creation using it
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jL2c8v05NpI/ThT3ms4gKjI/AAAAAAAAAHo/clwcLWdOBlw/s1600/100_0632.JPG

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!