Sunday, May 22, 2011

Teenage Boy Cards - Day 2

Continuing with teenage boy card ideas, my next oldest nephew is Cody who will be 17 in June.  I went pretty basic with his card this year.  Too many embellishments can make a card feminine in no time flat! 

The Details:
  • I will rarely cut into a new sheet of decorative paper to make a card (remember, I am the Paper Squirrel!).  I organize my scraps in a variety of folders so that I can easily pull out the appropriate type of paper for the job.  This scrap is playful, but not juvenile.
  • Overall the design is very geometric...just rectangles with everything offset a bit as they cross each other.
  • The green frame is a raw chipboard piece that was rubbed with Forest Moss Distress Ink.  This is a quick way to color chipboard...no covering with paper or waiting for paint to dry!
-- // --

Here's another interpretation of the geometric layout.  This is last year's card when Cody turned 16, hence the car.  Again the elements are all rectangles layered on each other but never centered.  This time though, I corner rounded most of the edges.


Supplies (Happy Birthday):
Paper:  PTI card stock 'Kraft'; SU! cardstock 'More Mustard'; scrap pattern paper; corrugated kraft board
Stamps:  SU!
Inks:  DI 'Vintage Photo'; 'Forest Moss'
Embellishments:  JoAnn stick on 'brads'; chipboard frame
Tools:  foam tape

Supplies (Car):
Paper:  SU! card stock 'More Mustard', 'Naturals White', 'Ballet Blue'; scrap pattern paper
Stamps:  SU!
Inks: SU!
Embellishments:  SU! eyelets
Tools:  foam tape, Fiskars corner rounder punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!