Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Challenge Entry: Handle With Care Tag

Since June had five Wednesdays, Gingersnap Creations featured a Blue Moon Challenge.  Here's my entry for GCSP08:  Recipe - 3 Words, 3 Papers, 3 Buttons.  This was my first recipe challenge and I enjoyed it very much.  I will have to participate in more like this...it's a good way to refresh your creative spirit.
  
The Details:
  • I started with the three words, since those would really dictate the rest of the tag.  I recently snagged the 7 Gypsies "Disclaimer" stamp set from Crafty Steals.  It is a HUGE set full of great phrases that will be particularly good for scrapbooking.  When I saw the "Handle With Care", I immediately thought of a heart.  You should always handle someone's heart with care...literally and figuratively!  :-)
  • The three papers limitation was a struggle at first, but then I realized that I would just have to use them more than once.
  • I don't know why that teal button always photographs as blue!  Really, it's teal and it matches, I swear!

  • I layered the hearts and popped the red one up with some foam tape.  For added dimension and sparkle, I edged the red heart in Black Diamond Stickles.
  • The wings were stamped in SU! Going Gray and accented with Crystal Stickles
  • The crown above the heart and the border below the wording were stamped in Encore Ultimate Metallic gold and silver.  I inked the whole image in silver and then touched the edges with gold for a tarnished silver color.  The crown is accented with Gold Stickles and the border with Black Diamond Stickles.

Don't forget to enter to win some blog candy before Saturday.


Supplies:
Paper
: DCWV; K&Co.
Stamps: My Mind’s Eye Market Street ‘Adore’; Chatterbox ‘Eclectique’; 7 Gypsies ‘Disclaimer’
Inks: DI ‘Old Paper’, ‘Barn Door’, ‘Broken China’; StazOn ‘Jet Black’; SU! Craft ‘Real Red’; SU! Classic ‘Going Gray’; Encore Ultimate Metallic 'Gold', 'Silver'
Embellishments: clear embossing powder; Fiskars deckle scissors; Stickles ‘Crystal’, ‘Black Diamond’; buttons; SU! silver cord; black & white gingham ribbons; fibers; Celebrate It ribbon; SU! metal pieces

Tools: eyelet setting tools; heat gun; foam ink blending tool; embossing powder tray; foam tape; glue dots; TH paper distresser

10 comments:

  1. Great job! You would never know you were limited in variety of materials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool tag- I love how all of your elements came together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag. The saying is perfect for the design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful tag - it looks so great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! This is so pretty.I love your layers and color combination. I thought this was a fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fantastic design--love all the elements! This is a great entry for the Gingersnap Creations challenge! Helene

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely! so many fab elements wonderfully placed together! xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!